The NASGP is a voluntary, not-for-profit membership organisation run entirely by and for sessional (salaried and locum) GPs.
We were founded in 1997 to make sure the voice of salaried and locum GPs could be heard independently of GP partners, yet work together to improve patient care. The small membership fee that we charge sessional GPs helps us to continue raising the profile of general practice by supporting sessional GPs and the practices we work in.
Your free NASGP practice membership comes with LocumDeck and Spip.
Included with your free NASGP membership for GP practices:
You'll also be supporting us to do all our behind-the-scenes work too:
- campaign for professional equality, provision of education and political representation
- support over 100 SGP groups and chambers
- publish bi-monthly 'The Sessional GP’ magazine "The quality and contents of the magazine are superb, and it's wonderful that GP locums now have a voice and are seen as a vital part of the medical workforce.”
- host or support national conferences
- publish a Code of Good Practice to foster safe team working and effective care for patients
- maintain strong links with the BMA, RCGP and medical press
- challenge the marginalisation of SGPs through lobbying and debate
- provide enhanced support solutions for GP locums such as locum chambers and the affiliate Freelance GP Scheme.
We rely heavily upon our paying members for support, and that’s why we need even more to carry on doing what we’ve been doing so well. The more paying members we have, the more we can do. So if you can, please join the NASGP as a full member.
For CCGs, GP hubs, federations, hospitals or any other similar organisation, Network-Cudos allows you to centrally assemble a live relational database of records such as policies, pathways, service information and contact details, enriched with web links, uploads and an inbuilt communications platform that can seamlessly integrate and transfer information to any related practice's Standardised Practice Information Portal (Spip).