Advice from CQC on documentation for practices engaging locum GPs

Nigel Sparrow, the CQC's Senior National GP Advisor and Responsible Officer, has published some new helpful guidance to clarify what sort of information is required by practices in his latest Nigel's Surgery on GP Locums.

We've taken each of Nigel's points and provided a checklist of everything a practice will need:

Your NASGP membership gives you free access to LocumDeck, which allows you to upload, store and display all your necessary documents for practice managers.

CQC advice NASGP interpretation
Proof of being a GP Copy of medical degree and completion of GP training (if issued to you)
Medical indemnity Copy of your certificate
GMC registration Your GMC number (also in your CV)
Performers List Copy of your certificate (and is proof you're a GP if you weren't originally given a certificate of completion of training and of valid DBS check)
Proof of identity including a recent photograph NHS smartcard or driving licence or passport
Satisfactory evidence of conduct in previous employment concerned with the provision of health or social care; or children or vulnerable adults At least one recent (within last year) reference
Satisfactory documentary evidence of any relevant qualification A copy of your medical degree.
A full employment history together with a satisfactory written explanation of any gaps in employment Your CV
Such other information as is required under any enactment to be kept by the registered person in relation to such persons employed DBS check - NASGP advice is that for temporary self-employed locums evidence of being on a Performers List will suffice (see separate CQC advice).

No Comments Yet.

Leave your comments