LocumDeck is part of Practeus, NASGP's online workforce platform supporting practices and sessional GPs. LocumDeck is an easy-to-use yet sophisticated tool that gives GP locums full control over how they work, and gives practices everything they need to book GP locums instantly.
At a simple level, GP locums can just use it to create an elegant invoice along with automatically generated Locum A and B forms, generate confirmation-request emails and manage all their bookings, all included as part of NASGP membership.
But it's also a powerful tool that puts locums in full control of their sessions, allowing you to specify your rates, generate bespoke T&Cs based on NASGP's legal advice, display all your documentation to the practice, and select which practices can use Instant Book.
Getting started - for GP locums
This is central to how Instant Book works. By the GP locum fully committing to all sessions that they make available for Instant Book to specific practices that they choose within LocumDeck, those chosen practices can be assured that all the locum availability that’s shown to practices is completely accurate.
GP locums get to set the parameters around their availability in great detail; from defining which practices they are willing to work in, when they want to work, and the duties and workload they are prepared to undertake in each practice setting.
Committed Availability removes the need for practices and locums to undertake discussions by phone or email, reduces the chances of double-bookings, misunderstandings or other problems occurring on the day. It allows GP locums to use their professional judgement in setting the boundary around what work they feel they can safely carry out in each practice.
LocumDeck is unique in its ability to allow GP locums to define every significant parameter concerning their acceptance of a session at any given practice, even taking into account average rush-hour travel times between practices.
Having defined these parameters, and manually activated the capability for each individual practice to instantly book them, the GP locum can then define any dates and times on their own personal calendar within LocumDeck - Committed Availability - and undertake a declaration to commit to a booking should the practice book them directly through LocumDeck using Instant Book.
This only applies if the session is booked by the practice using Instant Book, and is charged to the locum. As a GP locum, you can still use LocumDeck to manage all your bookings, including our automated one-click confirmation process, without paying anything more than your NASGP membership fee.
When GP locums are defining their sessional or hourly rates in their LocumDeck settings, they are free to define two versions: their usual rate, and an Instant Book rate that reflects the 5% service charge. Then, against each practice within their LocumDeck settings, apply the Instant Book session.
Therefore, when a practice finds a suitable match, they have the option to either book and confirm the GP locum straight away using Instant Book, or, if the locum has declared in their practice statement that they are prepared to accept enquiries, they can instead contact the locum via phone or email where the locum can then book the session on LocumDeck manually and avoid the 5% service charge.
We firmly believe that there should be no restriction on GP locums being asked by practices to become regular employed GPs or partners. NASGP does not impose any form of restrictive or exclusivity 'Trojan Horse' clause on either practices or GP locums, which could result in the practice being liable to pay the agency or platform some 15% of the employed GPs salary for one year.
Instead, practices and GPs can be reassured that they are free to offer salaried posts or partnerships without any financial penalty whatsoever. In fact, we encourage practices to use LocumDeck as a means of identifying future substantive staff!
- Locum A arrives the month after payment received
- GP locums | Can I use my own T&Cs instead of NASGP’s?
- GP locums | I need to revise my invoice
- GP locums | I can’t see many practices in the list
- GP locums | What if I don’t want a specific practice to Instant Book me?
- GP locums | What if I only want a practice to Instant Book me?
- GP locums | Can I allow a locum agency to manage my bookings though LocumDeck on my behalf?
- GP locums | I have just received an email/text from LocumDeck saying that I have a booking, but I already accepted a booking at another practice.
- GP locums | Migrate from Locum Organiser and MyLocumManager
- LocumDeck | Known issues
- Practices | Print an invoice or save as a pdf
- Practices | I can’t see any locums in my calendar
- Practices | I have a complaint against a locum – who should I contact?
- Practices | How do I know that the locum is aware of a booking made via Instant Book?
- Practices | What if I book the locum at the same time as another practice?
- Practices | I booked a locum through LocumDeck using Instant Book, but they have just told me that they are already booked elsewhere.