NASGP Locum Chambers
Solving the challenges of freelance
NASGP Locum Chambers are the complete model for running and developing your freelance business as a doctor – ideal for those who don’t want to go it alone.
Joining one of our NASGP Locum Chambers means you become part of a respected collective. Each Chambers is a local team of up to 15 GP locums who meet up regularly. It is a collaborative group who share a dedicated manager and clinical director while retaining independence.
Why join NASGP Locum Chambers?
- Professional standards
- NASGP Locum Chambers exist to maintain and develop quality and standards for GP locums.
- Getting more work
- It’s a trusted place for GP practices to source locums.
- Admin done for you
- Bookings and admin are managed on your behalf.
- Better communication
- Benefit from facilitated feedback and communication with practices all via your NASGP Locum Chambers manager.
- Peer support
- Enjoy built-in peer support, mentorship and meet-ups.
- NASGP member benefits included
- Get all the benefits of LocumDeck and NASGP membership.
- A UK-wide network
- Be part of the prestigious NASGP network of GP Locum Chambers across the UK.
Membership of NASGP Locum Chambers includes:
- A Chambers Lead (a GP locum)
- A dedicated Chambers Manager
- A Clinical Director
- Regular meet-ups
- Appraisal facilitation
- CPD events
- All the benefits of Membership Plus
Register your interest in NASGP Locum Chambers today
Some common questions
How do the finances work?
GP locums within our Chambers remain self-employed and able to contribute to the NHS pension scheme. The practice pays the full session fee direct to the locum, who then pays the Chambers a management fee.
Can I continue working as self-employed or via my Limited Company?
Will I be able to set my own working patterns?
Yes. In an NASGP Locum Chambers, you select your availability, session structures, pay rates, and preferred practices.
Where can I find NASGP Locum Chambers?
NASGP runs chambers in Oxfordshire, Surrey, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Wales, London, Hertfordshire, Suffolk, Cumbria, Lancashire, Manchester, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire, Yorkshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Devon, Cornwall and Worcestershire.
If we don’t have a chambers in your area yet, please let us know.