We are seeing large numbers of locums who are struggling for work in the current climate and many may be able to claim under SEISS.
Potential claimants need to be able to confirm that their business has been affected by Covid 19; you can continue to work and claim the grant at the same time if you:
- Have been self-employed in 2018-19 and continue to be self-employed or
- Were a partner in 2018-19 and continue to be one and
- Have submitted a tax return for 2018-19 to HMRC and
- Have total income in 2018-19 (or average for 3 years to then) of less than
- £50,000 and more than 50% of your income was from self employment
You cannot claim under this scheme if:
- You did not start self-employment until after 5th April 2019 (so that will rule out those qualifying last summer)
- You ceased self-employment before the Covid disruptions
- Your income exceeded £50,000 – even if by £1.
- You were mainly employed or had other income (earned or investment) – so you did not have more than 50% of your income from self employment