Accountancy and tax

7th July 2020 by NASGP

If you need help with bookkeeping or anything to do with tax, it’s best to choose a specialist medical accountant who understands the specific concerns of GP locums. Liz Densley is a partner with Honey Barrett Medical Accountants and secretary of AISMA (the Association of Independent Specialist Medical Accountants).

Here Liz answers some common tax-related questions. You can contact her for more information at

What is box j for on Locum Form B?

Box j is intended to indicate an estimate of your pensionable income and assist you in determining if you are on the correct employee contribution tier as you move through the pension year.

Read for free

Sign up to access everything.

Free trial


Already a member? Login to view this content.