This is an updated guideline from RCOG on managing vaginal vault prolapse after hysterectomy. There isn't really anything new here, just confirmation of what we probably all do.
- Pelvic floor muscle training is useful for mild prolapse. The evidence here is for one-to-one training.
- Pessaries (both shelf and ring) are useful for all prolapse other than the very mild.
- Surgery isn't reserved for any specific degree of prolapse.
Latest posts by Louise Hudman (see all)
- Multiple Sclerosis – Cladribine tablets (Mavenclad) - January 23, 2018
- Sinusitis treatment down to five days - January 16, 2018
- Latest endometriosis NG73 guidelines from NICE - November 2, 2017