In this FAQ, specialist medical accountant Liz Densley from Honey Barrett accountants explains:
- How the rules for salaried GPs and self-employed GP locums are different.
- "Wholly, exclusively and necessarily" - why 'necessarily' is tricky to interpret.
- How a new qualification is treated differently.
- Beware of 'holiday' courses.
- How to claim if you are both salaried and self-employed.
We’re the independent not-for-profit support organisation run by and for any GP in the UK working as a locum or salaried GP. Please support our work by joining us as a full member, from only £11 per month, and includes full use of LocumDeck.