The entire NASGP website, including Practeus and its associated components LocumDeck and Spip, is hosted on a dedicated server by FastUK in London, using ISO 27001 and ISO 9001. All data during transmission is encrypted and authenticated using AES 128 GCM and uses ECDHE RSA as the key exchange mechanism.
We use the very latest programming language PHP 7.2 with its state-of-the-art speed and security features.
You do not need to download any software.
Like any website, although Practeus will still function using the obsolete Microsoft IE8 browser, we strongly recommend you use a secure, modern browser that runs on a modern operating system. Since Microsoft no longer supports IE8 on Windows XP or Windows 7, any PC that uses IE8 is vulnerable to security breaches.
- We do not accept, store, transmit or process cardholder data or any payments. We subcontract all these sensitive payment handling activities to a third parties, GoCardless for direct debit payments and Nochex for credit card payments, all who comply with PCI DSS Standards.
Firewall, security and encryption
- Our site uses SHA-256 with RSA Encryption ( 1.2.840.113522.214.171.124 ) issued by Let's Encrypt Authority X3.
- Provided by UKFast which is ISO 27001 security compliant.
- Currently on a shared managed dedicated server but migrating to a unique managed dedicated server February 2019, again provided by UKFast.
- The entire NASGP website is also protected by a firewall provided by Sucuri, preventing the site from malicious attacks designed to steal data or deny users access to the NASGP website.
The latest advice is to ditch using complex letter/character combinations, and use passphrases instead.
New NIST guidelines recommend using long passphrases instead of seemingly complex passwords. A passphrase is a “memorizsed secret” consisting of a sequence of words or other text used to authenticate their identity. It’s longer than a password for added security, but much easier to learn.
Create unique passphrases you can remember, using whatever characters they want. e.g
- Honeymoon beach flower ketchup
- Correct horse battery staple