Locum Form B Basics
- The GP Locum Form B tells you exactly how much pension contribution you need to pay to cover a specific calendar month.
- It records all that month’s Locum A forms for income received (not work performed).
- Form B’s unique identifying reference (its UIR) must be identical to the UIRs on each of the corresponding Form As.
- You need to choose a pension tier at the beginning of the financial year, and stick with that tier for the whole 12 month period from April to March.
Your pension tier is usually based on your global Practitioner income (i.e. the total of all your different pensionable Practitioner scheme NHS work),
- but if you’re in the 2015 scheme and take breaks out of the NHS pension scheme longer than three months, it’s based on your annualised (i.e. full time equivalent) income.
- If at the end of the year it turns out that you’ve made contributions using the wrong tier, simply notify primary care support services who will either reimburse you, or ask you to pay them the difference.
Getting it done
- Work performed more than ten weeks ago cannot be pensioned.
- Payment needs to be received by primary care support services by the 7th day of the following month the seventh day of the following calendar month. For example, a January Locum B form is for income received in January, and needs to be received by NHS pensions by the 7th of February.
- If you send your paperwork by email, that will count as your receipt
- In England, you can Pay by cheque, or phone 0333 014 2884 for the sortcode and account number to pay by BACS. If using BACS, you can email the forms, or post to Primary Care Support England, PO Box 350, Darlington, DL1 9QN In Wales you can at the moment only pay by cheque, payable and sent to your LHB.
NASGP’s LocumDeck automatically generates all your Locum B forms and keeps a really helpful accountant-friendly summary in your personalised online bookkeeping area.
We’re the independent not-for-profit support organisation run by and for any GP in the UK working as a locum or salaried GP. Please support our work by joining us as a full member, from only £11 per month, and includes full use of LocumDeck.