This is a guideline on Nalmefene from NICE; they originally advised that Nalmefene could be used in Nov 14. This lays out how.
It is an opioid receptor modulator and can help to reduce alcohol consumption in people with alcohol dependence. People should:
- be drinking at a 'high drinking risk level' (7.5 units a day for men and 5 units a day for women), 2 weeks after an initial assessment.
- not have physical withdrawal symptoms.
- not need to stop drinking straight away, or completely
- be receiving .
Latest posts by Louise Hudman (see all)
- Multiple Sclerosis – Cladribine tablets (Mavenclad) - January 23, 2018
- Sinusitis treatment down to five days - January 16, 2018
- Latest endometriosis NG73 guidelines from NICE - November 2, 2017