Enhancing your business
NASGP membership means being part of a nationwide community of GP locums. We promise to deliver support, connection and a collective voice. We’ll enable you to deliver your best possible work and take your freelance business to the next level.
Membership to suit all GP locums
Receive access to our extensive library of articles, podcasts, locum FAQs, toolkits and LocumDeck for just £12 a month
- Exclusive to NASGP members, LocumDeck enables you to secure work and manage work, while keeping in control. It covers everything from getting you seen to getting booked fast, invoicing, book-keeping, pension management, and lots more. Booking fees apply for pre-set instant bookings.
- Discussion forums
- Accessed via LocumDeck, our closed online forums help you connect with peers and offer mutual support.
- Online resources
- Over 20 years we have built an extensive library of articles, podcasts, locum FAQs and toolkits to help with day to day practice and business management.
- NASGP Magazine
- The bi-monthly magazine for locums with expert contributors on money, tax, wellbeing, and career development.
- News stories about issues that affect locums’ work and lives.
- Money and pensions information
- Comprehensive information and advice on managing your finances and navigating pensions.
- Discounts with partners
- Our partnerships with a wide number of organisations mean members get discounts on everything from insurance to professional memberships and subscriptions.
Exclusive to NASGP members, LocumDeck enables you to secure work and manage work, while keeping in control. It covers everything from getting you seen to getting booked fast, invoicing, book-keeping, pension management, and lots more.
Membership to suit all GP locums
NASGP membership gives you access to our extensive library of articles, podcasts, locum FAQs and toolkits to help with day to day practice and business management, whatever stage you’re at.
Are you a GP in training?
The best way we can help you is by offering free NASGP membership, giving you a head start as you prepare for the next stage in your career.
See what members are saying about NASGP
"LocumDeck is so good and so intuitive that I am lost for words and utterly filled with glee.
It can send an email confirming the sessions that are booked and creates and emails invoices direct to the practice for you. These contain links to your beautifully laid out ‘credentials’ page with all your relevant documents, and a model contract that is all ready for you to accept or edit.
It automatically produces and sends the locum form A, and will produce locum form B. It also acts as the calendar... And it all happens automatically. It is really less than a minute to invoice and do the pension forms, with everything calculated perfectly."
Dr Annette Steele
"I rely on the NASGP for advice and support. I use LocumDeck for all my locum admin -my profile, certificates, Ts and Cs, practice contacts, booking and invoicing sessions, pension A and B forms, recording mileage and other expenses and monthly earnings.
Having been a locum in the past without LocumDeck, I realise how much easier LocumDeck makes my life, especially as I don't enjoy admin. It automates much of the admin for me. I can see at a glance how many bookings I have and where the gaps are. I have some practices who instant book me - booking directly into free sessions I have added. I have income/expenditure spreadsheets to share with my accountant.
I would highly recommend it to others."
Dr Susannah Denny
"Work as GP locum provides me both flexibility and autonomy together with great job satisfaction. However, there are some complexities one needs to address in starting out and doing everything right.
I've generally found answers to any issues I've had on the NASGP website – an excellent repository of very relevant information. The blog and magazines alone are almost worth the small costs of membership. The fact that NASGP is run by motivated fellow GPs gives me confidence in their guidance and advice.
LocumDeck makes my running things as a self-employed GP almost effortless - I don't think I would want to work without it. Invoicing is streamlined and the website is very user-friendly. After a busy week at work, the last thing you want is to spend hours on business admin. LocumDeck is a real timesaver.
Dr James O’Mahony