RCGP MEMBER OFFER
The RCGP and NASGP have partnered to offer newly-qualified RCGP members a free offer on joining the NASGP.
We know how important any kind of help is when you’re newly-qualified, especially if you’re planning to start your career as a GP locum. Joining NASGP means joining the biggest community of GP locums in the UK.
Membership gives you access to the tools and knowledge you need to help you achieve great things in your daily work and working life.
Qualified over a year ago?
Joining us gives you access to LocumDeck, plus extensive online resources:
- Online and local discussion forums and peer groups.
- NASGP Magazine, our bi-monthly guide to money, tax, wellbeing, and career development from expert contributors
- Newsletters about breaking stories that affect locums’ work and lives.
- Comprehensive information and advice on managing your finances and navigating pensions.
- Our library of articles, podcasts, locum FAQs and toolkits to help with day to day practice and business management.
You also get discounts with a wide range of organisations, helping save money on everything from insurance to professional memberships and subscriptions.
Some information about us
We are the independent membership body for general practice locums in the UK, founded by locums for locums. We’ve spent over twenty years supporting, listening and engaging with locums. With 5,000 members, our community includes a quarter of all GP locums, and it’s growing fast.
In 2020, we relaunched our membership packages to include NASGP Locum Chambers membership, a complete model for GP locum support via a local collective of self-employed locums with a dedicated manager and clinical director.
GP locums are a critical resource in our increasingly flexible workplace and being highly trained, with broad perspectives of General Practice, they have lots to contribute. But it can be a challenging way to work. While GP practices need locums, locums need systems that work for them so they can do their best work.
We’re here to help GP locums succeed in their working days and their working lives, to make their work the best it can be for everyone – for locums, the practices they work with, and most importantly, patients.
Our offer to you
Join us within 12 months of qualifying and we’ll support you with
- FREE ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP OF MEMBERSHIP PLUS FOR 12 MONTHS (WORTH £288)
- NO BOOKING FEES FOR YOUR FIRST THREE MONTHS*
- 75% DISCOUNT ON ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FOR YEAR 2
*Use of LocumDeck to make your own bookings and manage all your locum admin is covered by your discounted membership subscription. If you choose to use LocumDeck to find and book work by sharing your pre-set availability and taking instant bookings from practices, there is a booking fee per session after three months. This is discounted and capped so you only pay £11 per booking and you only pay for a maximum of 20 sessions per month. Offer applies from 11.09.2020 from when you apply.
RCGP NQGP NASGP offer Terms
- You must be a full paid up member of the Royal College of GPs throughout the length of this offer.
- The offer applies from 11.09.2020, from the date you apply for the offer, and is for the duration of your first 12 months of being a fully qualified GP and an RCGP member.
- If you are already an existing NASGP member, notify the NASGP of the date you qualified as a GP, and we will pause any existing Direct Debit (DD), and the DD will restart from 365 days after your date of qualification as a GP.
- In order to qualify for the 75% discount in your second year of NASGP membership, you must still remain an RCGP member and have been an NASGP member in the RCGP NQGP offer.
- We can not reimburse any previously paid NASGP membership fees.