NASGP Terms and Conditions
Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use (“Terms”) which govern our relationship with you in relation to this website. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The term ‘we’ means NASGP – National Association of Sessional GPs the owner and operator of the website: www.nasgp.org.uk (the “Website”), a company limited by guarantee whose registered office is Amelia House, Crescent Road, Worthing, West Sussex, England, BN11 1QR and company registration number is 3861212 (“NASGP”, “us” and “our” will be construed accordingly).
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our Website (and "your" will be construed accordingly).
Use of this Website
Unless otherwise stated, NASGP owns the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view website pages, download website pages and print website pages for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these Terms.
You must not use our Website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including, without limitation, scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
You must not use our Website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use our Website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
We offer different levels of membership to our different types of user. Each membership level has its own pricing (in some cases free of charge) and varying access to products and features. Please review the details of your membership terms on the Website to ensure you understand what your membership entitles you to receive and the associated costs (if any).
Please ensure that your membership details are kept up to date. You can view and manage your account information, including your membership status when logged in via My account.
Fees and payments
If you join as a Full GP member, a non-refundable, monthly membership fee is payable.
For users on a monthly membership package, membership commences on the date of first joining and renews on the same date of each calendar month thereafter. Monthly Direct Debit payments of membership fees will be taken on or shortly after this date each month.
We no longer offer an annual membership package. However, if you have already signed up on an annual package, you may be asked to move to a monthly package on expiry of your current term.
Membership fees are paid in advance and are non-refundable (including those members who have signed up to an annual membership fee).
Cancelling your membership
You can cancel your membership by following the instructions on this form. We will note that you wish to terminate your membership and, if you are paying by Direct Debit, you must also contact your bank or building society to cancel your Direct Debit payments.
Once you have cancelled your Direct Debit and your last monthly payment has expired, you will no longer be able to access full member benefits.
We will not refund monies collected because of your failure to cancel your Direct Debit with your bank.
You can cancel your membership by following the instructions on this form. Banks and building societies generally require at least one day’s notice (we recommend seven days) before the Direct Debit is due to be paid. It is best to check how long your bank needs to avoid the payment being made.
We will not refund monies collected because of your failure to cancel your Direct Debit with your bank.
Members only areas and member services
Access to certain areas of our Website is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of this Website, or indeed this entire Website, at our sole discretion.
If NASGP provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this Website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential.
If you register as a Practice Manager on our Website, your access and use of SPIP and/or LocumDeck is made on behalf of your practice and by registering as such, you are warranting to us that you have the authority to do so and to bind the practice to these terms and conditions. You agree that you will immediately notify us if you leave the practice or if your role or responsibilities are taken over by any other person. If we receive information that you are no longer acting as the Practice Manager, we reserve the right to delete and/or amend your account details.
The following products and services have been licensed to NASGP by Practeus Ltd, a company incorporated in England with company number 10703683 and whose registered office address is at Amelia House, Crescent Road, Worthing, West Sussex, England, BN11 1QR (“Practeus”):
SPIP (our Standardised Practice Information Portal)
- You must be a Practice Manager to create your own SPIP.
- To access your practice’s SPIP, you must have permission from your Practice Manager, and be using an NHS email address.
- SPIP users are able to upload their own practice information to SPIP. This information is kept confidential from third parties and is only accessible to members of that practice, and to the persons nominated by that practice to have specified access rights.
- The only other people authorised to view your practice’s information are the NASGP’s clinical directors, who will from time-to-time monitor how practices are using their SPIPs to ensure continuing improvement of SPIP.
- It is the responsibility of each practice to ensure that passwords and access to their SPIP information are kept confidential and are not disclosed to anyone who is not permitted to access the practice’s confidential information.
- If we believe that you or any third party is misusing your account, we reserve the right to disable your user ID and password at our discretion.
- Users of SPIP must remember never to input patient-identifiable information on the SPIP platform.
- The SPIP platform is designed to allow practices to store, share and retrieve practice-specific contact details, policies and information with their staff members. Use of the services is entirely the responsibility of the Practice Manager and the permitted users and NASGP can accept no liability for any error or failure which may result from its use or misuse.
- Details of how SPIP works and our pricing structure are available at www.nasgp.org.uk/spip.
LocumDeck is an easy-to-use, sophisticated online tool that gives GP locums control over how they work and, when using the Instant Book option, gives locums and practices everything they need to book GP locums instantly.
Details of how LocumDeck works and our pricing structure are available at https://www.nasgp.org.uk/locumdeck/. In addition, please see our terms and conditions for use of LocumDeck by practices and locums at the following links:
AppraisalAid is a suite of downloadable, customisable templates which allow GP Locums to gather evidence for their NHS appraisal. Further details are available at https://www.nasgp.org.uk/appraisalaid
Copyright and Licence
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us by Practeus (or other third parties). This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics and all documentation, forms, information, guidance, tools and features which may be provided to users through the Website.
You are granted a licence to use the material contained in this website subject to the restrictions described in these Terms.
You are granted a licence to download, store, view, edit, use, reproduce, copy, print, any material contained in this website for your own personal and/or business purposes.
You are not permitted to:
- republish material from this Website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent, license, sublicense, lease, distribute, copy, duplicate, publish or
- reproduce material from the website and any material or any part thereof for use by any third party;
- exploit material on our Website for a commercial purpose;
- use any material in any way that is unlawful or in breach of any person's legal rights under any applicable law, or in any way that is offensive, indecent, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable.
If you breach these Terms in any way then the licence granted to you will be automatically terminated upon such breach and we may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
Upon the termination of the licence you will promptly and irrevocably delete from your computer systems and other electronic devices all copies of the material and any part thereof in your possession or control, and will permanently destroy any paper or other copies of the material and any part thereof in your possession or control.
We reserve the right to exclude any person from using our Website and material contained therein where a breach of these terms & conditions is suspected.
All material contained in this website is and remain the copyright of NASGP (or its licensors).
You must retain, and must not delete or remove any copyright notices and other proprietary notices placed by us on any material.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
The Website may permit the submission of reviews, comments, images, videos or other content by you and other users ("User Submissions") and the hosting and publishing of such User Submissions. Our guest articles and contributions which are submitted for publication from a range of accountants, advisors, professional bodies and others are considered ‘User Submissions’ for these purposes.
You understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published, we do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions.
You shall be solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them.
You represent and warrant that:
- you own or have the necessary rights and permissions to use and authorise us to use all copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights in and to any User Submissions to enable inclusion and use on the Website and in accordance with these Terms; and
- you have the written consent and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the User Submission to use their name or likeness as contemplated by the Website and these Terms; and
- whilst you retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions, by submitting the User Submissions to us, you hereby grant us, in addition to any other rights which we may have, a worldwide, non-exclusive and transferable license to use, copy, prepare derivative works of (including without limitation, to rename, edit, shorten, split the videos into different segments, and use the entire image or video or segments as part of compilations), display and broadcast the User Submissions in connection with the Website and our business, including without limitation to grant access to the Website to third parties to view the User Submission (and derivative works thereof).
- you will not: (i) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the User Submission and to grant us all of the license rights granted herein; (ii) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us, our business or any third party; (iii) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, libelous, threatening, pornographic, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or (iv) misidentify yourself in submitting the User Submission or misstate your true identity.
We do not endorse any User Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with User Submissions. You understand that when using the Website, you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, and that we are not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Submissions.
You may be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against us with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold us, our owners, affiliates, employees, agents and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all User Submissions which may be published on our Website.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. We make no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and material provided on this website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only and it is subject to change without prior notice. It is not to be considered advice or a recommendation to act in any way or advice not to act, and you should not place reliance on the information or guidance which you may find on the Website.
We do not warrant that this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or that the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind (whether medical, legal or financial).
We do not provide any warranty as to the suitability of the information and material found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. Your use of any information or material on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
You acknowledge that information and material found or offered on this website may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
Limitations and Exclusions of Liability
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided, our liability to you in relation to the use of our website or under or in connection with these Terms, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, will be limited as follows: neither NASGP or Practeus or their officers, employees or consultants will be liable to you for any loss or damage of any nature whether arising directly or indirectly from the use of or reliance on information obtained from this website. Neither NASGP or Practeus or their officers, employees or consultants will be liable for any consequential, indirect or special loss or damage and will not be liable for any loss of profit, income, revenue, anticipated savings, contracts, business, goodwill, reputation, data, or information.
Nothing in these Terms will limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in these Terms are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
If you breach these Terms you will be held fully responsible for any loss suffered by us as result of such breach and will be held accountable for all profits made from breaching these Terms.
You agree to indemnify us and undertake to keep us indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of our legal advisers) incurred or suffered by us arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these Terms.
This website may contain links to other websites that are not under the control of and are not maintained by us. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites. NASGP provides these links for your convenience only but does not endorse the material on these sites.
The failure by us to enforce at any time or for any period any one or more of the Terms shall not be a waiver of them or the right at any time subsequently to enforce all Terms.
If any provision of these Terms shall be found by any court to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms which shall remain in full force and effect.
If any provision of these Terms is so found to be invalid or unenforceable but would be valid or enforceable if some part of the provision were deleted, the provision in question shall apply with such modification(s) as may be necessary to make it valid and enforceable.
We may revise these Terms from time-to-time. Revised Terms will apply to the use of our website from the date of the publication of the revised Terms on our website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Exclusion of Third Party Rights
These Terms are for the benefit of you and us, and are not intended to benefit any third party or be enforceable by any third party. The exercise of our and your rights in relation to these Terms is not subject to the consent of any third party.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Jurisdiction and Governing Law
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute, claim or matter arising out of, or relating to, these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.