The NASGP is a voluntary, not-for-profit membership organisation run entirely by and for sessional GPs.
We were founded in 1997 to make sure the voice of salaried and locum GPs could be heard independently of GP partners, yet work together to improve patient care. NASGP membership helps us to continue raising the profile of general practice by supporting sessional GPs and the practices we work in.
NASGP membership comes with Practeus, the home of Spip and LocumDeck.
Practeus is NASGP’s new and evolving online platform for practices and GPs, and includes LocumDeck and Spip. LocumDeck connects practices and locums together in one place, making invoicing, pension forms and bookings all quick and easy to do.
Spip then welcomes and inducts these often isolated GP locums into an ecosystem of practice-specific information presented in an easy to navigate standardised format and shared by all GP staff within the practice and across networks of practices and CCGs.
You'll also be supporting us to do all our behind-the-scenes work too:
- campaign for professional equality, provision of education and political representation
- support over 100 SGP groups and chambers
- publish bi-monthly 'The Sessional GP’ magazine "The quality and contents of the magazine are superb, and it's wonderful that GP locums now have a voice and are seen as a vital part of the medical workforce.”
- host or support national conferences
- publish a Code of Good Practice to foster safe team working and effective care for patients
- maintain strong links with the BMA, RCGP and medical press
- challenge the marginalisation of SGPs through lobbying and debate
- provide enhanced support solutions for GP locums such as locum chambers and the affiliate Freelance GP Scheme.
We rely heavily upon our paying members for support, and that’s why we need even more to carry on doing what we’ve been doing so well. The more paying members we have, the more we can do. So if you can, please join the NASGP as a full member.