NASGP was founded in 1997 by 14 salaried and locum GPs, established as a company limited by guarantee, and trade as a not-for-profit organisation.
Our aims included:
- Secure inclusion of GP locums into NHS pension scheme (achieved 1999)
- Increase number of sessional GP groups from just 5 in 1997 (now over 100)
- Create a 'virtual practice' model for GP locums (GP locum chambers 2002)
- Locum induction pack - sold over 3,000 paper copies, now incorporated into free online 'Spip'
- Code of Good Practice
- Sessional GP friendly appraisal templates (AppraisalAid, launched 2013)
- Online invoicing, pensioning and accounts package (LocumDeck launched 2016)
- Instant Book interface to enable locums to control their own rates/pension and practices book locums instantly (incorporated into LocumDeck 2017)
- Online workforce engagement platform for sessional GPs and practices (Practeus incorporating Spip and LocumDeck launched 2017)
Registered address with Companies House
- Forum House
Registered company number
- 19 October 1999
Data protection registration number
Staff and officers
- Dr Richard Fieldhouse MBBS MRCGP DFFP DRCOG - Chairman
- Dr Sara Chambers BSc (Hons) MBChB - Quality and Development
- Mr Steve Gore ACA - Financial Director
- Mrs Jeanne Cleghorn - General Manager
In 2017, in order to meet the increasing complexity of building the Practeus platform, and help offset any risk to NASGP from its investment and development, we established Practeus Ltd (Registered company 10703683) as the commercial arm of NASGP.
If you share our vision of a sustainable sessional GP workforce working in synergy with the NHS, and against any form of exploitation of sessional GPs, and would like to work more closely with us or even be part of our team, then please get in touch.