The NASGP is a voluntary, not-for-profit membership organisation run entirely by and for sessional GPs.
We were founded in 1997 to make sure the voice of salaried and locum GPs could be heard independently of GP partners, yet work together to improve patient care.
NASGP membership helps us to continue raising the profile of general practice by supporting sessional GPs and the practices we work in.
NASGP membership comes with Practeus, the home of Spip and LocumDeck,
53% of members sign up for monthly membership.
Full GP and Practice Manager members
You'll have full access to fast-approaching 600 different pages of information – news, FAQs, blogs, articles (risk management with our friends at MPS, money matters, clinical guidelines etc) and dozens of useful downloadable documents for you to use and adapt for your day-to-day work as a salaried GP, locum or practice manager.
And only full members get access to NASGP's AppraisalAid – our huge suite of information and downloadable templates, created by locum GPs but suitable for all GPs and practices to ease their way through NHS appraisal and improve quality by meaningfully dealing with significant events.
You'll also be supporting us to do all our behind-the-scenes work too:
- campaign for professional equality, provision of education and political representation
- support over 100 SGP groups and chambers
- publish bi-monthly 'The Sessional GP’ magazine
- host or support national conferences
- publish a Code of Good Practice to foster safe team working and effective care for patients
- similarly produce a Standardised Practice Information Portal for practices
- comprehensive automated online personal booking, confirmation, invoicing and pension system for locum sessions
- maintain strong links with the BMA, RCGP and medical press
- challenge the marginalisation of SGPs through lobbying and debate
- provide enhanced support solutions for GP locums such as locum chambers and the affiliate Freelance GP Scheme.
We rely heavily upon our paying members for support, and that’s why we need even more to carry on doing what we’ve been doing so well. The more paying members we have, the more we can do. So if you can, please join the NASGP as a full member.
For CCGs, GP hubs, federations, hospitals or any other similar organisation, Network-Cudos allows you to centrally assemble a live relational database of records such as policies, pathways, service information and contact details, enriched with web links, uploads and an inbuilt communications platform that can seamlessly integrate and transfer information to any related practice's Standardised Practice Information Portal (Spip).
- Free for one month then £24 (inc VAT) per month per practice.
- Quarterly payments (add additional practices for free during those 3 months).
- Free to practices, including all the benefits of NASGP Practice Manager membership.
- Add unlimited practices.