FAQ: Can Spip help with CQC compliance?
Yes. Spip is ‘CQC-ready’, with a dedicated section to easily categorise, store and display all your necessary policies.
Spip is a great way to demonstrate to the CQC that the right information is available at the right time to all members of your practice team to allow effective implementation of all your practice procedures. So Spip will not only provide you with a ‘go to’ place for your team to refer to and update information, in creating it, you will also making your CQC compliance less onerous.
See what the CQC has to say about Practice packs.
- Spip allows you to upload, link and add freetext notes for handy summaries and ‘soft intelligence’ about key practice operational procedures. It is a live, interactive, centrally updatable system designed to be easily searched and navigated.
- Once you’re up and running with Spip you will be able to show the CQC that your Staff and Clinicians need never be more than 3 clicks away from information they need.
- GPs can already access key practice policy information that directly affect them as Clinicians e.g. chaperone policy, complaints procedure, clinical handovers, appointment system and access arrangements, practice prescribing procedures, contamination incidents etc.
Managing risk and quality
Monitoring quality of services
- On every Spip page displayed to your team there is a feedback comment system with a prompt to report any problems with a service at the point of use. This intelligence can be collated by the practice for discussion at internal meetings and/or to be raised with the local commissioners and providers.
Patient communication and reducing risk
- Throughout Spip you are prompted to add detailed information about Safety netting, missing results procedures, delayed referrals etc.
- The aim is for everyone in the team to have this information available quickly so that after every patient contact, it is clear to the patient and the practice what is expected next.
Co-operation with other providers of services
Spip is designed to provide up-to-date information which the Clinician can access at the point of need. You have the option of adding enriched information about each service which would equip the Clinician with:
- Awareness of the existence of a service.
- Understanding exactly what the service does; the boundaries of roles and responsibilities between the service and the practice, fostering good team working.
- How to access the service and up-to-date resources to do this e.g. referral forms.
- What to tell the patient about what to expect next.
- Interactive feedback; ability to leave comments or tips for future Clinicians; ability to report a problem with the service; ability to inform you if service details need updating.
"I have been a member of the NASGP for the past nine years and have found the advice and support offered invaluable. NASGP passionately champions for safe and fair working conditions for locums, which is crucial in an age of increasing medical litigation.
LocumDeck is a must for every locum who just wants to get on with the job that they were trained to do."
Dr Fiona Munro, GP