Frequently asked questions
- AppraisalAid | Appraisal in each country?
- AppraisalAid | Can GP locums access patient records later?
- AppraisalAid | What’s the minimum number of sessions I need to work?
- CPD | Pulse learning – how do I claim my 20% discount?
- Equipment | What should GPs carry around with them?
- Equipment | Who provides this for on-call?
- Locum Toolkit | Should I have my own username and password?
- Prescribing | Medicines for my doctor’s bag – how do I get hold of them?
- Prescribing | Repeats – should locums sign them; how can they do it safely?
- Registration | How often do I need a DBS check?
- Self-directed learning groups | SDLGs – how do I set one up?
- Training | Basic life support BLS – how often should I do it?
- Training | Information governance – how often should I do it?
- Training | Safeguarding children – how often do I need training?
- Training | Safeguarding adults – how often do I need training?
Sara Chambers begins a short series on how we can capture our learning on the go, then process that information in a meaningful way. Having a system for capturing all that learning you do automaticall...
If you are wanting to go and work abroad for a few months or years, with the intention of returning to the UK, you may have a sinking feeling about what you are going to do about your appraisals or yo...
MPS Medicolegal Consultant Dr Rachel Birch shares a case scenario involving a locum GP who was working in a practice with poor prescribing issues Dr L was working three days a week as a maternity locu...
There is a scientific discipline called human factors and ergonomics (HF&E) which recognises the absolute certainty that human beings will make mistakes, and so seeks to design working systems and...