Frequently asked questions
- AppraisalAid | Appraisal in each country?
- AppraisalAid | Can GP locums access patient records later?
- AppraisalAid | What’s the minimum number of sessions I need to work?
- CPD | Pulse learning – how do I claim my 20% discount?
- Equipment | What should GPs carry around with them?
- Equipment | Who provides this for on-call?
- Locum Toolkit | Should I have my own username and password?
- Prescribing | Medicines for my doctor’s bag – how do I get hold of them?
- Prescribing | Repeats – should locums sign them; how can they do it safely?
- Registration | How often do I need a DBS check?
- Self-directed learning groups | SDLGs – how do I set one up?
- Training | Basic life support BLS – how often should I do it?
- Training | Information governance – how often should I do it?
- Training | Safeguarding children – how often do I need training?
- Training | Safeguarding adults – how often do I need training?
The RCGP has responded to feedback from its 2015 revalidation survey by clarifying and simplifying its appraisal and revalidation guidance. Dr Sara Chambers, NASGP's appraisal and revalidation lead, h...
Whether it's for a learning need, for your annual NHS appraisal, or because you've had a change of heart, it's important for us as professionals to do, so doing it safely is of paramount importance. O...
Two years after the formal introduction of NHS revalidation, NASGP appraisal and revalidation lead and locum GP Sara Chambers recounts her experience of appraisal, and how this has fed into the develo...
There are many reasons why doctors working as locums may be more at risk of receiving a complaint. Sara Chambers, NASGP’s appraisal and revalidation lead, and Charlotte Hudson, writer at MPS, provide ...