Some new alzheimers drugs
- Donepazine, galantamine and rivastigmine can now be used in mild, as well as in moderate disease.
- Memantine can be used if someone is intolerant to or has contraindications to the other drugs and can also be used in severe disease.
- Initiation is still by specialists but follow-up can be done by others where local protocols are in place. Standard cognitive assessment tools should be used where possible for follow-up and drugs only continued if there is ongoing benefit.
Latest posts by Louise Hudman (see all)
- Nice | Who should we be testing for cirrhosis? - October 3, 2016
- Nice | Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease NAFLD - August 26, 2016
- Evolocumab and Alirocumab for treating dyslipidaemia - August 25, 2016